Friday 23 September 2011

1940s Inspiration

Today's outfit is more of a nod to the forties as my dress is a floral tea dress style and of course is worn with my lovely warm 1940s style beret! (You can't see my boots properly though- gorgeous red Doc Martin Authentic Wedges, I love them!)

I love this look as it's very easy, comfortable and quick to throw on in the morning and yet looks stylish and thoroughly vintage.
The dress is one of my favourite Cath Kidston longer length ones in jazz floral. I picked it up in a sale at their outlet store in Bicester. The cardi is thrifted (charity shop!) and my beret a New Look purchase this season. The brooch is an antique pin which I love for it's bit of bling!

I try and find plenty of forties inspired frocks to sell on the Redressing website as they work on a wide variety of shapes and are a very easy style to wear for some glamorous vintage chic! I'm updating the website Monday so keep a look out for some new arrivals in this style.

In the meantime, here of some of my favourite tea dresses available to buy this month ,both High Street and Repro Vintage. I've included the price tags too.  (Another reason why the Vintage Chic collection is worth a look; nothing is ever over £30!) Enjoy!

Tara Starlet £75  
New Look £24.99
Cath Kidston £95

Pearl Lowe at Peacocks £40

No comments: