Friday 16 March 2012

Vintage Model for a day!

Sometimes I get to chat through ideas with other lovely ladies who want to start their own businesses. One such gorgeous gal is Louise who is in the process of setting up BeBopaLouLou Vintage; an online shop offering you the best vintage clothing for ladies and gents yet to be seen in cyber space!
I met with her recently to look at some of the pros and cons of being self-employed and other such business matters around setting up the site. Well how lovely was it to get an email asking me to model some of the said vintage stock as she gets ready for the launch of BeBopaLouLou Vintage!
Stunning early 1960s wool crepe dress £65
I got to model two fabulous outfits, one was this gorgeous wool crepe 1960s dress with a slight A-Line skirt. It's a delicious nude colour with a boxy top and fabric covered belt. It's retailing at £65 and is a really wearble dress.
The other was an incredible 1950s 100% raw silk shift dress and long jacket labelled Leshgold of London. This outfit was utterly amazing to wear as it was so comfortable and elegant. Both outfits are are available to buy at BeBopaLouLou and are beautiful. I had vintage gloves and handbag as shoot accessories and even got to wear my vintage 1930s pearls which I got for my birthday last year.
Gorgeous 1950s silk shift dress & long jacket £155
(I've also got my What Katie Did retro seamed stockings on with this outfit- pity you can't see them properly!)

It was an amazing feeling wearing stuff that was beautifully tailored and in suxh beautiful fabrics and was not modern. I hate the throw away mentalities of today so was delighted to encourage beauty in what may otherwise have been disregarded. All of the outfits in BeBopaLouLous's collections are this exquisite; they will also be travelling around the Vintage Fair routes so keep your eyes peeled. The website will be going live soon so make sure you follow them on FaceBook and Twitter for some authentic vintage treats!

I loved being a model for the day- so glam! Now to keep a look out on the new website for something I might like to model forever!

            x

1 comment:

Louise Mc said...

You really were a fabulous model, and you looked great in these. Thank you so much. X